San Diego is a spectacular city located in southern California that witnesses a mild and sunny climate. Famous for pristine beaches, green parks, and a rich cultural and historical heritage, San Diego is one of the desired tourist attractions thronged by travellers from all across the world. The availability of direct flights from Boston to San Diego makes it simple for you to book a flight as per your schedule while availing of the best deal.
Reserving air tickets and especially with best deals is one of the major factors that affects your travel budget. This is a complete guide on the airlines offering direct flights to San Diego from Boston and the best ways to plan your travel efficiently.
Airlines Offering Boston to San Diego Flights on Direct Routes
Following is the list of airlines offering direct flights from Boston to San Diego (BOS to SAN).
|Airline||Daily Frequency of Flights||Departure Terminal|
|Delta Air Lines||1||A|
|JetBlue Airways||1 or 2||C|
You can explore flight schedules offered by these airlines. Alaska Airlines and JetBlue Airways are low-cost options, and hence, they are considered suitable if you are travelling on a budget. Delta Air Lines offers a premium flying experience, and hence, you will find its prices more than Alaska and JetBlue. You will find booking options available for economy and business class on this nonstop route, while more class options may be found on non-direct routes.
You can begin your search for airfare for direct flights to San Diego from Boston much before your planned date of departure. As a result, even on airlines with higher pricing, you may be able to discover inexpensive flights from Boston to San Diego.
The price of a direct flight from Boston to San Diego depends on the date of your flight and on the airline you choose to fly with.
Following are approximate prices you will get from these airlines flying on a direct route.
JetBlue Airways – $288
Alaska Airlines – $338
Delta Air Lines – $338
How Long is a Flight from Boston to San Diego?
The distance covered by a flight that runs direct from Boston Logan International Airport to San Diego International Airport (BOS to SAN) is 2581 miles, which is 4154 kilometers. Thus, Boston to San Diego flight time on a nonstop route is approximately 6 hours and 34 minutes.
Well, this time duration is quite fine in case of a nonstop flight. You must consider and choose a direct flight while looking for options for Boston to San Diego nonstop flights, provided it suits your time and budget.
Other Airlines Offering Flights from Boston to San Diego
Here is a list of some of the other airlines that also run flights on this route, but they have one or two stops or layovers in between the journey. You will also find the distance covered by these airlines on routes comprising one stop.
This airline usually takes 8 to 9:30 hours while flying from Boston to San Diego with one stop in between.
You will find this flight with a duration of up to 13 hours if it has one stop on the route from Boston to San Diego.
It can take 8 hours 30 minutes while flying on this route with Spirit Airlines with a one stop layover. It can also go up to 38 hours depending on the duration of layover.
This airline also takes 9 to 10 hours with a one stop layover on this route. However, the duration could also be 21 hours or more as per the hours of layover.
You must go through the flight timings, number of stops, duration of layovers, fares, offers, services, and amenities in detail. This will help you select the most suitable flight for your journey. This is an important step toward booking a flight from Boston to San Diego without any complexities.
What Types of Aircraft are Used for BOS to SAN Flights?
Following is the list of some of the aircrafts used for operating flights from BOS to SAN.
- Airbus A318/319/320/321
- Airbus A320-100/200
- Airbus A321-100/200
- Airbus A321neo
- Boeing 737 MAX 9
- Boeing 737-800 (winglets)
- Boeing 737-900 (winglets)
What are the Best Ways to Book Cheap Flights from Boston to San Diego?
Here are some simple tips you can use to look for deals, offers, or discounted prices and book a suitable flight from Boston to San Diego.
- You must keep checking the cost of flights on this route offered by different airlines. Research should be done at least three to four months in advance, according to travel experts. This will give you a good sense of which airlines and which days have the most affordable airfare. After everything is finished, you can finally come to a decision. As they are provided by airlines when many tickets are still available, last-minute deals or offers can no doubt do wonders.
- To continue receiving updates on discounted prices and offers, always subscribe to alerts and notifications. It is possible that an airline that charges high fares can offer you the most desired deal.
- To earn points, you can register for the membership program, frequent flyer, mileage, or loyalty program provided by different airlines. You can use these later when booking flights and even while making purchases on airline partner websites. You can even earn points, prizes, or cash back just by using some accepted credit cards.
- Keep a few options for dates, time, airlines etc., in your travel planning list. Except when it’s really necessary if you must travel to San Diego for an event, it’s better not to be rigid on travelling on specific dates. Explore all opportunities to grab the best deals while adjusting your vacation schedule.
- You may not plan to travel during peak seasons or weekends, as the demand is high. Hence, flight prices go at the higher end. You may travel on a weekday and that too in an early morning flight so as to grab the discounted price, if the travel schedule suits you.
Benefits of Booking Non Stop Flights from Boston to San Diego
Here are some of the major benefits of booking direct flights from Boston to San Diego:
- You can save time and avoid the hassle of changing planes or waiting at airports. A direct flight from Boston to San Diego takes about 6 hours and 16 minutes, while a one-stop flight can take anywhere from 8 hours to 12 hours or more.
- You don’t have the risk of missing your connection or losing your luggage due to delays or cancellations. A direct flight from Boston to San Diego has a higher reliability rate than a flight with stops or layovers.
- You can enjoy more comfort and convenience on board, as you don’t have to face any hassle like switching seats, going through security checks again, or carrying your bags between terminals. There is no difficulty or mental pressure of leaving one flight, taking your luggage out, and waiting for another flight at the airport. A direct flight from Boston to San Diego offers various amenities, such as Wi-Fi, entertainment features, snacks, and drinks, depending on the airline.
- You can save money on airfare and fees, as you don’t have to pay for multiple tickets, baggage charges, or taxes. A direct flight from Boston to San Diego can cost as low as $70 on a round-trip, while a one-stop flight can cost as high as $460 on a round-trip.
- No doubt, a direct flight will definitely make you reach your destination faster. Whether it is a business event or a meeting that you need to attend or it’s a personal occasion, you will be able to make it on time.
Popular Direct Routes Starting from Boston Logan International Airport
Boston is a great point to start your journey from and fly nonstop to various popular destinations in the United States. Here are some of the popular routes from Boston and the time taken on the same.
|Boston to Washington||1 hour 45 minutes|
|Boston to Chicago||2 hour 45 minutes|
|Boston to New York||1 hour 25 minutes|
|Boston to San Francisco||6 hour 35 minutes|
|Boston to Atlanta||2 hour 50 minutes|
|Boston to Denver||4 hour 35 minutes|
|Boston to Charlotte||2 hour 30 minutes|
|Boston to Orlando||3 hour 15 minutes|
|Boston to Dallas-Fort Worth||4 hour 10 minutes|
|Boston to Los Angeles||6 hour 10 minutes|
|Boston to Baltimore||1 hour 35 minutes|
|Boston to Nantucket||50 minutes|
In a nutshell, you can choose to fly with Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, or Alaska Airlines, as they run on a direct route from Boston to San Diego.
Non-direct flights are also operated by these airlines on this route. But, it is always better to opt for a direct flight so as to avoid physical or mental discomfort. Whether you are travelling for vacation or an official purpose, you can browse through the available flight schedule, prices, services, and other relevant factors so as to plan your travel in an efficient way.
American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and United Airlines are some of the other options you can consider to fly from BOS to SAN on a non-direct route. Always bear in mind that an air trip planned beforehand lets you get multiple options to avail of deals and discounts. At the same time, you must subscribe to online notifications, alerts etc., and stay vigilant. Check out the prices as and when your phone buzzes with a notification and explore cheap flights for a much-awaited deal.
Frequently Asked Questions – Flights to San Diego from Boston
Here are some of the most important queries on booking direct flights from Boston to San Diego CA. Take a quick look, get all the information on your tips, and plan your air journey in a better way.
Yes, you can fly on a nonstop flight from Boston to San Diego, run by Delta Air Lines, Alaska Airlines and JetBlue Airways.
The distance from Boston to San Diego (BOS to SAN) is 2581 miles, which is 4154 kilometers. A nonstop flight on this route takes around 6 hours and 34 minutes to cover this distance.
You need to fly out of Boston Logan International Airport (BOS). This is also known by the name, General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport. Your flight will land at San Diego International Airport (SAN).
JetBlue, Delta, and Alaska are the airlines with direct flights from Boston to San Diego.
If you wish to fly directly from Boston to San Diego, you can choose from JetBlue Airways, Delta Air Lines, and Alaska Airlines. Non-direct flights are operated by American Airlines, Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and United Airlines. Prefer a direct flight, if possible, as it will save you from the hassle of waiting during a layover and you will reach your destination much earlier.
Non-stop flights are operated on this route on a daily basis. Hence, you can choose to fly on any day of the week as per your suitability. Fares generally go high on weekends. So, you may prefer to fly during weekdays, if feasible for you.
January is considered to be the cheapest month when you can fly from Boston to San Diego at a lower price.
You are advised to start looking for flights at least 3 to 4 months before your planned dates of travel. Advance planning helps you shortlist the ones as per deals and your requirements. It is beneficial to reserve tickets at least 21 days or 3 weeks before the departure of your flight. Booking air tickets almost near the departure date of your flight will cost you more.
It is better to fly during weekdays, especially Wednesdays unless you have an important event to attend or it is necessary for you for some other reason. There is a huge demand on weekends, and hence, the prices are high.
United Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Frontier Airlines, American Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Delta Air Lines, and Alaska Airlines fly frequently from Boston to San Diego.
OneWorld and SkyTeam airline alliances operate direct flights from Boston to San Diego.